Buying Items From The Store
When creating or editing a scene or customizing your avatar you don't need to create all of your assets from scratch. Instead, you can buy items from the Sansar Store. Once you purchase an item from the store, the item is automatically added to your inventory in Sansar.
You can access the Sansar Store from within Sansar by opening the Store panel from the main menu:
- 1.Open the Store panel by clicking the Shop button on the main menu and selecting either Avatar looks or Scene creation.
- If you are in VR, press Y on Oculus Rift or Left menu on Vive to open the main menu, then choose Shop the store to open the Store panel.
- 2.In the Store panel, find an item you'd like to purchase. Click the Categories dropdown or enter search terms in Search the Store to narrow your search.
- 3.Click the item to open its listing, which contains additional information and photos of the item (if available).
- 4.Click Buy (or Get, for free items) to instantly purchase the item. Once you have successfully purchased the item, the item is automatically added to your inventory.
- For items under avatar looks such as avatars, clothing and emotes, the Buy button becomes a Wear it now button. You can click Wear it now to immediately open the avatar editor and wear the item.
- 5.Depending upon the type of item you purchased, you can find it either in the Inventory panel when editing a scene, or in one of the tabs of the avatar editor when editing one of your avatar looks.
Note: The shopping cart is not available in the Store panel at this time.
You can access the Sansar Store inside Sansar by using the Store panel.
After purchasing an avatar-related item, you can click Wear it now to immediately open the avatar editor and wear the purchased item.
To find and buy an object from the Sansar Store:
- 2.Find an item you'd like to purchase. Click the searchicon at the top of the page, enter your search terms, then press Enter. Alternately, you may browse various categories by choosing from the Explore dropdown menu.
- 3.Click the item to open its listing page, which contains additional information and photos of the item (if available).
- 4.Click Buy to buy the item instantly, or click Add to cart to add the item to your shopping cart and continue shopping.
- To view your shopping cart, click the shopping cart iconat the top right of the page. You can buy all items in your cart by clicking the Buy Items button at the bottom of the cart. To remove items, click the X next to each item you would like to remove.
- 5.Depending upon the type of items you purchased, you can find it either in the Inventory panel when editing a scene, or in one of the tabs of the avatar editor when editing one of your avatar looks.
Enter search terms in Search the Store or click a category from the Explore dropdown to find items for your avatar or scene.
Note: If you ever lose or delete a purchased item, you can redeliver it from its listing page. In place of the Buy or Free button, there is a Purchased button that opens a dialog allowing you to redeliver the item.
You can apply several filters to browsing and search results in the Avatar Looks category of the Sansar store on the web. This can help you narrow your results and find items that are likely to fit your avatar's shape.
To filter wearables in the Sansar Store:
- 1.Choose Explore > Avatar Looks (or one of the subcategories under Avatar Looks) from the dropdown next to the search field to show all wearables in the Store.
- 2.Click the Filters dropdown and choose some of the following:
- Male - Show only wearables designed for the male avatar shape.
- Female - Show only wearables designed for the female avatar shape.
- Asset Type
- Static mesh - Show only wearables that are made of static (non-moving) mesh. Many accessories fall into this category.
- 3.Once you have filtered your results, you may continue to shop normally.
To stop filtering your results, simply un-check the filters you selected during this process
New wearables are indicated by the word New in the thumbnail. A numbered badge indicates the number of new wearables on each tab of the appearance editor.