Linking A Scene To A World
It is possible to link an existing world to a different scene template after the world has been created or after a linked scene is deleted from the world. This can be used to easily update, back up, or completely change the content of a world without breaking existing links to the world or needing to publish a new world.
To link an existing world to a new scene layout:
- 2.Select the world that you want to link a scene to.
- 3.Click More Optionsfor that world, which opens a popup menu.
- 4.In the popup menu, choose Link to another scene.
- 5.This opens a dialog where you can link your world to a new scene template. From the dropdown menu, choose a new scene template or choose 'no scene' if you want to unlink the current scene from the world.
- 6.Once you selected a scene to link, click Replace to change the scene template linked to the world you are managing.
Here is a list of tags that may be attached to your scene template in the scene dropdown menu:
- (in use) - If you choose a scene that is already linked to another world, the scene is reassigned to the new world and is unlinked from the older world.
- (current) - The selected scene is the currently linked scene for this world.
- no tag - Unused scenes have no tags attached to the scene in the dropdown menu.
- You can not link a world to a scene template that is currently being edited. To link a world to that scene, simply leave the scene that is being edited.
- A world can only be linked to one scene at a time. However, it is possible to teleport between worlds using URLs and teleport scripts in order to transition from one scene to another without visiting the Prime Portal or using the Codex.
- If you attempt to link a second world to a scene, the first world becomes unlinked in favor of the new world.