To create a new quest:
- 1.Choose Create > Create Quests from the main menu to open the Quest Creator panel.
- 2.On the Quest Creator panel, click New Quest.
- 3.Enter a Quest name, up to 100 characters.
- 4.(Optional) Click Browse to select and upload a 400x192 thumbnail image for the quest. You can easily create an image by choosing Socialize > Take a photo from the main menu and choosing For a Quest from the dropdown menu in the screenshot tool.
- 5.(Optional) Enter a brief Description (up to 350 characters). This message is displayed to visitors when the quest is offered to them.
- 6.(Optional) Enter a brief Summary (up to 250 characters), to be displayed on the main tab of the Quests panel when you move your mouse cursor over the quest's thumbnail.
- 7.Enter a brief Completion message (up to 250 characters). This message is displayed to visitors who complete the quest.
- 8.Click Save.
After saving the new quest, you may edit the name, image, description, and completion message at any time by clicking the Edit (pencil) button next to the quest's name.
Immediately after creating a new quest, the quest's Objectives tab appears. You can use this tab to create and edit objectives within your quest:
- Click new to create a new objective.
- Enter an Objective Name (up to 200 characters). Try to make a short command such as: "Walk 50 meters"
- (Optional) Enter a brief Description of the objective (up to 250 characters). This is a good place to add helpful hints or details about the quest.
- (Optional) Enter a Number of times this objective must be collected. This is the number of times the objective must be collected before it is completed. Set to '0' for objectives that do not need to be collected multiple times.
- Set an Initial State:
- Active - The objective is able to be completed.
- Locked - The objective cannot be completed until it becomes unlocked (active). Usually, unlocking an objective requires the completion of prerequisite objectives.
- Click Save to save the objective.
- Continue adding new objectives until you have as many as you want for your request.
You can drag and drop quest objectives to re-order them on the Objectives tab.
You are not required to add rewards when setting up your quest; it is completely optional. To add a reward, click the Rewards tab of your quest to access the Rewards Menu. In order for an item to be eligible as a quest reward, it must meet the following conditions:
- It must be an Accessory, Custom Avatar, or item of Clothing.
- It must be in your avatar inventory. You can see your avatar inventory in the Character Editor. (You can open the Character Editor by choosing Create > Style my avatar from the main menu, then clicking Customize.)
- You must own the proper license to distribute the item. If you can list the item in the Store, you can use it as a reward. (Note that you are not required to list your item on the Sansar Store.)
There are Mandatory and Choosable rewards. You can create a quest with just one type, both types or neither:
- Mandatory Rewards ("Assign a reward"): These rewards will be given to the player upon quest completion. You can assign up to three mandatory rewards.
- Choosable Rewards ("Let the player choose a reward"): The player is presented with two rewards and they must choose which one to receive. When setting up choosable rewards, you must assign two rewards as choosable options. If you only assign one reward, the choosable reward option will not be shown to the player.
With up to three mandatory rewards and one choosable reward (out of a set of two), a quest can give out a maximum of four rewards.
To add a reward to your quest:
- 1.Select one of the eligible items shown in the Add reward dropdown in one of the rows in the Rewards tab of the Quest Creator panel. The dropdown displays a list of all the items you own that are eligible.
- 2.On the next page, enter the Name and Image you want to use for the reward; by default, these fields are filled by the item's existing name and image. If you remove the image, the reward uses a default icon as its image.
To delete a reward from a quest, select that reward and click the Delete, or click the trash icon for that reward from the Rewards tab of the Quest Creator panel.
There are multiple ways to offer a quest to a visitor. In this example, we will create a clickable object that offers the quest when clicked:
- Add an object to the scene to act as your quest giver.
- Add a new script to the quest giver object by selecting it in the Scene Objects panel and choosing Add > Script
- In the object's Properties, under the script section (usually "Script 1" for new objects), choose Quest Script Library from the Script dropdown menu.
- Choose Quest Giver Interaction from the dropdown that appears below Quest Script Library.
- From the Quest dropdown, select the quest you have created.
Parameters of the Quest Giver Interaction script in the Quest Script Library. Select your quest from the dropdown under the Quest parameter.
Quest objectives can be completed in various ways. In this example, we will allow visitors to complete an objective by interacting an object in your world. To add an interactive quest objective object to your scene:
- 1.Add an object to the scene to act as the quest objective.
- 2.Add a new script to the object by selecting it in the Scene Objects panel and choosing Add > Script
- 1.In the object's Properties, under the script section (usually "Script 1" for new objects), choose Quest Script Library from the Script dropdown menu.
- 2.Select Quest Objective Interaction from the dropdown that appears below Quest Script Library.
- 3.From the first Objective dropdown, select the quest you have created.
- 4.From the second Objective dropdown, select the objective you would like visitors to complete with this interaction.
Parameters of the Quest Objective Interaction script in the Quest Script Library. Select your quest from the first dropdown under Objective, then, in the second dropdown, select the objective to be completed.
To test a quest you have created:
- Save and build the scene containing your quest giver and objectives.
- Visit the scene.
- Interact with the quest giver object, which should offer you the quest.
- Accept the quest by clicking Start the quest.
- Interact with a quest objective object to complete the objective.
- Upon completing the quest, accept the completion confirmation.
When the quest giver offers you a quest click Start the quest to accept.
When you complete the quest, click Complete Quest to confirm the quest's completion.
You can reset progress on quests that you own by using the Quest Creator panel:
- Choose Create > Create Quests to open the Quest Creator panel.
- Click the name of the quest you would like to reset.
- On the quest's Objectives tab, click Reset Quest to reset your progression through the quest objectives.
Click Reset Quest on the Objectives tab of the Quest Creator panel to reset your current progress on the quest.