The Main Menu
In desktop mode, the main menu appears as a set of icons at the left side of the screen. In VR mode, you can press the Y button (Oculus Rift) or Left Menu button (HTC Vive) on your VR controller to access the main menu on your left wrist.
Note: The available functions in the main menu may vary depending upon whether you are in VR or Desktop mode, and whether you are visiting or editing a scene.
In desktop mode, the main menu can be found on the right hand side of the screen while visiting a world or editing a scene.
In VR, the main menu appears on your left wrist when you press Y or the left Menu button, depending upon your VR controller setup
The main menu is divided into five categories, each containing several functions:
- My event calendar - Opens your Codex directly to your calendar, which contains events you have previously saved.
- Favorite places - Opens your Codex directly to the Favorites tab, which contains worlds you have bookmarked as favorites.
- Home - Immediately transports you to your private Home space.
- Emotes - Opens the Emotes interface, which allows your avatar to play brief animations.
- Edit this scene - If you own the scene you are visiting, you can choose this option to enter edit mode and begin editing the scene.
- Scene creation - Opens the Sansar Store to the Scene creation category.
- Buy Sansar dollars - Opens the Buy Sansar Dollars panel, which offers Sansar dollar bundles for US dollars.
- Full screen/Exit full screen - Enter and exit full screen mode.
- Desktop controls - Shows a diagram of keyboard and mouse controls for using and navigating Sansar.
- VR controls - Shows a diagram of VR controls for using and navigating Sansar.
- Help & Reporting - Provides specific version information about Sansar and provides links for finding help and reporting abuse.
- Log out - Log out of Sansar.
Toggle your microphone for voice chat. This menu object does not have any additional functions.